
We did a lot of fun things for Doug's birthday this past week but my favorite was making his cake. I've been planning this cake for months... 11 months and a few weeks still counts as months right? It's pretty much been since his last birthday. I just love planning Doug's cakes because I can go all out and not feel like I awkwardly over did things when I show up to a casual birthday BBQ with a huge, intricate cake.
This year's treat: homemade crepes layered with fresh orange cream and topped with dark chocolate orange gnache and candied pecans. Yum.
I'm so excited to start planning for next year :)


10 comments:
That looks amazing! So my birthday is coming up in July...
WOW! You are amazing Jess, that looks delicious. E's very favorite thing right now is crepes. I'll have to show her this cake and see what she says, I'll let you know.
Hey, do you want to come to my BBQ?
AMAZING cake! How ddi you get the crepes all the same size?
Hey, why didn't you show off that talent back when we had dessert night? (And how long will it take you to eat all of those crepes?)
Thanks guys!
Marika- I measured out the batter each time and formed the crepe with the back of a spoon so I could get it the perfect shape (.. it took a long time....)
Ashley- Sadly, it only took us a day and a half to eat the whole cake. We were both sick afterwards... but it was good :)
Where am I when you do all these amazing edible creations?
Dad
Simply amazing. Those crepes, wow!
Holy crap! Ben's lucky when he gets a cake mix cake with rainbow chip frosting. (Granted, that's also what he asks for. . .)
Stunning cake!
HOLY COw You are SO amazing!! You are way too talented for your own good (i.e. everyone's gonna want their own cake from the cake-master!!) =)
Post a Comment