My Grandma and Grandpa Chris have the most amazing cherry tree in their yard. First of all, this tree is actually three trees grafted together (is grafted even the right word?) so there are three different kinds of cherries growing off of the same tree. Take that and add my grandparents' green thumb (that I swear must be part magical) and you get a cherry tree that should only exist in fairy tales. It's branches are bursting with color and so full of fruit that I felt more like I was picking grape clusters than individual cherries. I could honestly just stare at it for hours, it is just so beautiful!On Sunday we went to visit my grandparents and all our cousins who are currently in Utah and Grandma and Grandpa were nice enough to share their fairy tale cherries with us. We have been loving the world of fresh cherries all week! A huge bowl of cherries in the fridge, homemade cherry ice cream and piles of homemade cherry jam (four kinds- cherry limeade, cherry peach raspberry, cherry strawberry and cherry jalapeno. We had fun) Yum! I'm so excited to enjoy summer time flavors all winter long with our jam.
Next week we might try drying some cherries. Anyone have any tips on that?

2 comments:
Wow! All of your cherry stuff looks great. I wish that I lived by your grandparents.
Jessica, I (and Brandon) covet your cherries. They just don't grow them here....
Post a Comment