Sunday, June 7, 2009

Birthday Week!




Ok, so I just can't help myself- I have to post about all the great birthday finds we got this year for Doug's bday. If you're not into free stuff, don't bother to read further. But if you're like me and LOVE to get stuff for nothing- read on!

Doug and I really love getting free birthday stuff. Until this year we'd been signed up for a few birthday deals here and there, but this year I decided to go all out. A few weeks ago I 'hired' myself and Doug's birthday secretary. Our counter has literally been piled with free birthday coupons to use in the week or so around his birthday. We sure had a fun week! I wanted to tell you all of our great finds so you could sign yourself up if you like. All of these come just by going to the company's site and signing up for their email list.

Here's how our dinners went during Birthday week-

Tuesday- Free entree at Rubios, Free corn dog and chili dog at Weinerschnitzel, free shake and chicken soft tacos at Del Taco

Thursday- Free entree at Noodles and Co, Free ice cream at Baskin Robbins

Friday- Free meal at Mimi's Cafe, free ice cream at Cold Stone

Saturday- Free breakfast at Mimi's Cafe

Monday- Free Meal at Red Robin

Tuesday- Free movie rental at Hollywood video

How cool is that?

We still have a few things we didn't have time to use- they all expire a week after his bday, so we have 'til Tuesday. One particularly good one is a free $15 meal at Lone Star Steakhouse (no purchase necessary!). Others include buy one/get one of the following- orange julious, Tucanos, Famous Daves, Ruby Tuesday, Smoothie King, and Chili's (we didn't have time for many of those offers that required us to BUY something...)

An added bonus was that a lot of the places emailed us a coupon for free stuff just for signing up with them, so a lot of this was a combination of birthday and 'thanks for signing up' emails. So if you're thinking, eh- my birthday isn't for FOREVER I won't bother- think again! You can get free stuff right now and then have a happy surprise on your b-day.

My favorite free sign up thank you was from Mimi's Cafe- each person gets a coupon for a FREE breakfast (no other purchase necessary) for up to $10. AND you can have as many coupons at one table as you want, so Doug and I both signed up and got our own coupons and got an amazing, FREE breakfast! I highly suggest it- Mimi's is SO good.

So there you go. Hope you all have fantastic birthday weeks from now on!

2 comments:

Kent Kate & Afton said...

Hey! I love this post! My birthday is this month so I just signed up for all of the free stuff! Yeah!

Grant and Kristin Collard said...

Hey Jess! My birthday is next month and yes I signed up for everything too. I look forward to a week of free yummy food.