We had quite the adventurous week this past week!
My brothers all came into town for one of their manly camping trips. As it was a manly trip, I did not go along. I did, however, learn how to do a new craft (needle felting), go out for ice cream, visit some cute little shops in the SLC 'Shop Hop', and go see a chick flick in a real movie theater. All while they were gone. I personally think I got the better end of the deal. (but then, I was never really one for purposely going out and sleeping on a big rock...)
I did get to spend some time with the guys. They came over Tuesday night as they all trickled in from across the country and then spent the night. And then on Sunday Grandma Chris organized a big family dinner with all our Christensen relatives in the area. I love going to my grandparents' houses. There's just something magical about them. I can walk inside and instantly forget everything else that's going on in the whole world. All that matters is that I'm sitting on a comfortable couch, eating amazing food. Ahhhh... Just thinking of it makes me feel so relaxed....
All in all it was a great visit. Like always, I'm a little bummed to see them go. I'm usually pretty good at convincing myself that I'm 'ok' with living thousands of miles away from my closest sibling- but the day after they leave is always the hardest. I guess I'll just have to get busy planning the next trip when I get to see them!
2 comments:
It was a blast! Too bad you have secluded yourself in such a random place as Happy Valley. Your house rocks and it was great to get to know Doug better. You did well Jed!
POst a pic of your needle felting! Is it an animal?
Post a Comment