Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Spring is in the Air

It's funny, when the first signs of spring come I immediately get this thrill of excitement in my stomach. It's always the same, and it's always because I'm SO excited about summer vacation. I know what you're thinking- 'But Jessica, you don't have summer vacation anymore'. You're right- in fact, summer is beginning to be the busiest season for me (so goes the life of someone involved with the wedding world) but I just spent so many years of my life counting down the days until break. I think it's now a permanent reaction. And I kinda like it.

Even without having three months of doing nothing to look forward to, there's just something about the first warm day that just makes me so happy. I just love being able to open the window for the first time after the long winter and fill the house with fresh, new air that we haven't been breathing since last October. It's so clean and fresh and peaceful. It makes the first few spring days some of my very favorite. Today was definitely one of those days. I sat by an open window, listened to Pride and Prejudice on audio and sat and designed a fantastic invitation. What could be better?

On a side note, the invitation I'm currently working on is really fun to make! The bride is a very unique person and I'm really excited about the invitation she's letting me create! I'm not quite done yet (she still needs to send me the wording for the invite, and I need to make some inserts) but I just have to share what I've got so far because it just cracks me up (the wording will go on the right)-

Yep. I love creative people. She showed me a picture of a quilted pillow with this flower created from all kinds of scraps of crazy fabrics and asked me to create an invitation to match. I was pretty much in heaven- find all sorts of patterns and mismatching colors. It's not even necessarily because this is really a style I'd go for, just because it's so different. And she provided much of the creativity in the project- a job that is usually left for me to do alone. (And trust me, people usually expect me to suck every last drop of it out of my brain while they just sit and watch.)

I guess the end of the story is- spring is great. I know it's not officially here, but I'm still really happy it's coming!

3 comments:

Nathan said...

Word Jed. I am so ready for spring. Everything about it, the long days of sunlight are as great as the warmer weather

Alice said...

Amen Sista! I love Spring too. Any sign of it makes me happy. We are outside any chance we get. The only drawback right now is the mud! The little guys like it, but I'm not such a fan. Oh well. I think we should have a Happy Spring party soon!

Lauren said...

Jess, you should post that card on your website (your invitation one). I love it!