
One of my best friends from BYU now teaches third grade up by Draper. Once a month she lets me go up there and teach art. It's pretty much the highlight of my month every time! I've learned a lot about the level of art a 3rd grader can do! There have been so many things that have just amazed me (they are SO good at looking at a picture and recreating it!) and some things where I'm like- why don't you get that yet? (pencil shading. It's a lost cause.) It's been a lot of fun and has gotten me to think about all the things I do in art so that I can figure out how to explain them- something that I really enjoy.
This month her class has been practicing their class play to perform next week. I went up there on Wednesday to help make a corner of their classroom into a jungle. I taught the kids a few pointers about how to draw animals and we let them draw till their hearts were content while Jill (I mean Mrs. Dransfield..) and I worked on making a butcher paper rain forest. We had the kids hang up their animals in the forest when they were done. That's personally my favorite part. You definately have to click on the picture to see their animals close up. They did such a great job!
I'm so excited to go see them perform next week!
Here are some of their costumes- Jill and I made them hats to wear so they'd look like the animal they were playing.
1 comment:
What a fun class. Holy cow, I certainly didn't get that kind of treatment in El Ed.
Post a Comment