Somehow, by some miracle, six of the seven children in my dad's family had a baby with in about a year of when I was born. I have all these great cousins my age-it's made for some pretty fun family reunions my whole life.
There are a bunch of those close cousins who live in Utah and on Monday we had a bunch them over for dinner- Julianne and Matt, Heather and Kevin and Camille. We've been meaning to do dinner together for so long now (I think it's literally been years..) and it was so fun to finally do it!
I'm still kicking myself for not taking a picture (though I'm pretty sure this blog is full of random pictures of people sitting around our kitchen table... because we like to cook for people... so I'm sure you can all imagine what the picture would be like!). Doug had the greatest dinner idea- I highly suggest it! We made a salad and boiled up a bunch of pasta (a task that took me all of 10 mins) and then requested everyone bring their favorite paste sauce. It was so fun! We got a delicious fresh, homemade pesto sauce, some Olive Garden Alfredo (who wouldn't love that?) and this amazing zuccini shrimp stuff that Camille learned how to make in Italy. YUM! It was so delicious and so easy and a lot of fun to see what everybody would bring. I'm definitely going to remember the idea next time we have people over!
Doug and I have set a new goal to actually invite family over more often. We live so close! It's so ridiculous that we don't see each other more often. So all you cousins out there who are reading this-get ready to be invited soon!
2 comments:
This is a funny post because I was certain it was a repost. Of course I have seen people around your dinner table on your blog, it obviously was a repost. And there you are recounting the story without a picture yet no worry because we would know what you were talking about
Jessica that was the BEST! I'm certainly glad the camera wasn't out when I had my finger up my nose! :) Let's do it again soon.
Post a Comment