Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Real Utah Weddings

Since about last July I've been writing this Utah wedding blog (you can see it at affordableutahweddings.com). It basically just started as a whim to get more traffic to my invitation site, but then I started having a lot of fun doing it and-if I may say so myself- it's gotten a pretty good response in the blog reading world.

I currently write articles about good quality wedding services that are affordable (think of those stories you hear about someone who knows someone who has an aunt who likes to do floral arranging from her basement. No one knows about her because she doesn't charge enough to make enough money to advertise. Well, now there's a place where she can get a free article written about her design so her business doesn't have to spread just by word of mouth)

It's been a lot of fun to search people out, and I plan to keep making that the main focus of my site, but I'm always looking for ways to expand. Why? Mostly because I'm crazy. And because the more people go to my site, the more advertising money I get! (yes, there is a selfish motive involved, don't be fooled)

So here's my latest idea- and I need your help with it! I'm slowly putting together a page of my site that has pictures of real weddings. It'll be like a bridal magazine where they show all the little details of a wedding- except this one will have pictures of just Utah weddings that were done by normal people on normal wedding budgets. It will include all their great ideas and about how much each service cost and a link to where you can go to hire them for you big day.

The main problem is, well, I need weddings to talk about! I talked all about our wedding, and my cousin so graciously allowed me to write about hers. You can see the beginnings of the site be going to affordableutahweddings.com/featuredweddings/. So here's my big favor-

Can I talk about your wedding? (or someone you know, if it's been a while since you were married!) Did you have any great ideas or fantastic finds when you were planning? Is there something you're always suggesting when you hear people are planning a reception? It doesn't even matter if it's just one service (maybe your reception location was super great) or you went to a wedding that had a ton of great ideas and you want to suggest all of them!

If something just popped into your head- please email me so I can write about it! If you have any pictures, those would be great- but if you don't that's ok too. And if you just think that your wedding was the coolest of all the weddings ever- then send me pictures of the whole day! I'd really love as much as you could send!

I'm excited to see all your input! Here's my email- jessicaageorge at gmail.com

2 comments:

Karen said...

Jess, you amaze me! I love your blog! You are so creative and just a very amazing person! I love it!!

Megan said...

My name is Megan Harris... Kelli West's friend. I have a wedding for you to write about and a new florist :) Would love to get in touch with you!! myrealtormeg@yahoo.com