Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Another Invitation

Hopefully one day I'll get to the point when it's not huge news that I actually found someone who'd pay me to design a wedding invitation... But as for now, it's pretty exciting stuff for me! This is the first invitation I've done for a PAYING customer. Pretty exciting if you ask me.



It was fun to go to the printer today to check the proof before they printed. It was the first time I've gone to a printer without getting butterflies in my stomach! I'm always so afraid I'll say something stupid and they'll catch on to the fact that I just graduated and have no idea what I'm doing.

However, this time made me feel pretty good! The printer I went to specializes in designing and printing wedding invitations. The designer there looked at my work and said- Wow! Paisleys! Where did you find paisleys? She told me how a girl had come in wanting paisleys for her invitation but they had to do something else for her because they couldn't do them. She asked where I 'found them' assuming I'd purchased some clip art. When I told her I'd drawn them myself she was thoroughly impressed- it made me feel pretty good about myself for the afternoon!

4 comments:

Andrew and Lauren said...

July 5th huh?

I'm crashing it.

Jason & Kelli West said...

Beautiful, absolutley LOVE LOVE LOVE the announcement!!! Holy cow girl, you got talent!!!

Alice said...

Awesome! I love it.

Don said...

That is such a fun story! Congrats on your first $$ customer. The invitation looks great. That must be one steady hand! :)