Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Happy Birthday Doug!



Doug's birthday was yesterday! Adult birthdays are never quite as exciting as they were when we were 10, but we still had a lot of fun!

I really enjoy making cakes, but since we got married (and have no roommates to help us EAT the cakes) I haven't made very many. I've been missing it! I've been planning Doug's Boston Creme Pie cake (why are they called 'pies' when they're clearly cakes?) for probably months now- I know that sounds crazy.. and it probably is... but it was fun!

We went to eat at Red Robin (One of my favorite things is finding all the free things you can get on your birthday. Red Robin sends you a coupon for a FREE specialty burger to use the week of your birthday!) and then watched the second National Treasure movie. By the end of the night I was so full from burgers and cake I could barely move. It was great!

7 comments:

becca said...

Happy Birthday (+1 day) to Doug!!!

Unknown said...

You know, I would be happy to help you eat cake anytime! Happy birthday Doug! Isn't 26 great? I feel it's much better than 25.

Lauren said...

We miss being able to help you eat those cakes! Happy Birthday Doug!!

Alice said...

Oh my goodness, that cake looks delicious! You lucky birthday boy Doug. I hope you had a great day.

Jason & Kelli West said...

Hey Jessica,
i just wanted you to know that I tagged you! So just go to my blog and check out the tag! Luv ya girl!!

Mark Christie Family said...

Happy birthday day Doug. So glad to find out you uys have a blog to keep in touch. Hope you enjoyed that yummy looking cake.

Jill Dransfield said...

Fun Cake! I hope you guys had fun celebrating