Sunday, June 22, 2008

Another Cake Class


My parents gave me some 'tuition' money as a graduation gift. It was the best tuition money I ever spent! I got to look around and find classes that I actually WANTED to take. Imagine that! I quickly decided I wanted to continue taking cake decorating classes. Doug, being the very nice husband that he is, decided to take them with me. It has been our date Saturday for the past four weeks. It was a lot of fun and we learned a ton- including the fact that Doug is quite a talented cake decorator!

Here are some pictures of our last class and our 'Grand Finale' cake.




5 comments:

Laura said...

WOW! I can't even believe that cake. It is beautiful! I am so impressed. Your kids are going to have the coolest birthday cakes EVER!

Alice said...

I can't believe my baby brother helped make that cake? Impressive job. I think Doug has a hidden talent. I knew Jessica was really good at such artistic/creative things, but my brother, the engineer? What a fun thing to do together.

The Staceys said...

Thats such a fun idea that you took the class together. Impressive cake too!

Mark Christie Family said...

That looks like such a fun activity to do together. There is no way I could get Mark to do cakes with me. But he does watch my kids for me while I decorate so I guess I can live with that. Hope you guys are doing good.

Lauren said...

That is amazing. I hope you know that I am keeping track of all the yummy food you guys are making and I expect samples the next time we meet. sushi...cake...root beer....