Monday, June 16, 2008

Sushi Night



Doug loves sushi. I don't. We found a fantastic was to compromise!

A couple weeks ago our neighbors invited us over for a sushi night where we learned how to make our own at home. While we were there we had this fantastic idea. For Doug's birthday I got him his own sushi making supplies and this last weekend we made sushi we could both enjoy! You'll notice the tray contains some more typical rolls, including seaweed and fish and such, and others look a bit less traditional. Like the egg and rice sushi there on the right, or the chicken salad sushi on the left.

I know, I know. We're doing it all wrong. I'm sure the country of Japan would be disappointed with me. But hey, they tasted good and I got to eat 'sushi' with my husband so I say it's a great idea!

2 comments:

Laura said...

I'm completely with you on sushi hatred. What a good idea, however! Sushi-looking food that actually tastes good!

By the way, I had a dream about you the other night. We were sharing a 2 bedroom apartment with our respective spouses. It made me miss you. :)

Jennifer said...

What about sushi do you dislike? If it's about the raw fish, there are tons of recipes that don't use fish. My grandmother even rolls hotdogs in the middle sometimes!