Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Affordable Utah Weddings

I'm crazy. I know. Never in my life did I imagine that I'd be creating my own business, searching to become a landlord and writing anything more than a personal blog. How did I become such an entrepreneur? I personally blame it all on Doug. :) But here I am and I have an official announcement to make. First, the story leading up to the announcement.

So, one of the girls I designed a wedding invitation for works helping people optimize their website (making them so search engines will find them and therefore, allowing people to know they exist). We ended up trading services, I did her invitation and she gave me some great website advice. One part of her advice was to start a professional blog (thus increasing the number of pages on my site, and also giving me the opportunity to slip in key words and help my site get noticed a bit more). Since the rest of the advice requires hours of me staring at computer coding, I decided to start with the blog which requires nothing but good old pictures and page layouts.

I suppose that brings me to the 'Official Announcement' of the day. I've officially started a blog on my website. The goal is to feature good quality, local wedding services at affordable prices. (and of course my invitations will be featured on there quite often, as I do believe them a good quality, local service at a good price!)

I'd love to invite you all to read it! Hopefully it can become something you can recommend to all your engaged friends and family! Here's the link-

jessicageorgedesign.com/blog

Also, I'd love any input anyone has! Especially if you know of a good service at a good price (cake decorators, caterers, photographers, florists, people who want to rent out their houses as reception centers... haha.. just kidding... unless you have an amazing house and really want to rent it out. I'd probably just to see if someone took you up on the offer) I happen to know that a few photographers and cake decorators and seamstresses read this blog- so let me know if you'd like to be featured! Even if you have a skill that you'd like to try using to make a little money- let me know and I'd be happy to write about it!

2 comments:

Jason & Kelli West said...

Jessica that is so exciting!! And you KNOW I am all over it!! I am so proud of you! You are so TALENTED!!!

Mark Christie Family said...

Congratulations. From you invite picts it looks like you're really talented. You will do great!!