
Last summer we went to my parents house in Ohio. My brother Nathan was there with his adorable 3 year old daughter Ella. We all got in their van to go somewhere. The car ride started to get a little long for a three year old and Ella started getting cranky. Nathan did the best he could but after a while told her she'd just have to wait till we got out of the car to get what she wanted. She sat back in her car seat and sulked for a minute. Then, loud and clear in the cutest, saddest little voice she said-
...I need a cookie.....
It was so cute that Doug, my dad and I all burst into laughter that was quickly silenced by Nathan, who I'm sure didn't want to have to hear that line a million times after she found out it was funny.
Ever since then, the phrase 'I need a cookie' has become a big part of our vocabulary. Whenever one of us has something we don't want to do or has had a bad day we make a sad, pathetic face and quote our amazing niece.
No comments:
Post a Comment