
It seems impossible that it is only May! I keep thinking it's June. I feel like the past two weeks have been full enough to fill at least a month an a half. I just kept telling myself as soon as we had our new renters taken care of (our last renters' contract was up at the end of last month, so we had to find new ones) I'd get some things done. So here I am. Our new renters moved in today and I'm trying to catch up on our blog :).
An exciting thing happened to us about a month ago. We got our first check from Google! For those of you not so familiar with the 'pay-per-click' advertising world, I will explain to you why this is a big deal. When I put google ads on my site (my wedding blog) I make about $.10 to $.30 every time someone clicks on them. And I don't get a check until I've made over $100. I'm sure you can imagine that it took a LONG time to get to that first $100.
So that first check was exciting, but what was even MORE exciting was to see how, as our site grew and we got more people visiting it- we were able to get to the $100 mark so much faster. Today we got our 2nd google check in the mail and we're just a few dollars away from getting our 3rd! (I love wedding season!)
I can't tell you how many times Doug and I have looked at each other and said- ".... It's working!".
We've sure had a lot of fun doing the professional blogging thing. We're hoping it keeps on working for us!
An exciting thing happened to us about a month ago. We got our first check from Google! For those of you not so familiar with the 'pay-per-click' advertising world, I will explain to you why this is a big deal. When I put google ads on my site (my wedding blog) I make about $.10 to $.30 every time someone clicks on them. And I don't get a check until I've made over $100. I'm sure you can imagine that it took a LONG time to get to that first $100.
So that first check was exciting, but what was even MORE exciting was to see how, as our site grew and we got more people visiting it- we were able to get to the $100 mark so much faster. Today we got our 2nd google check in the mail and we're just a few dollars away from getting our 3rd! (I love wedding season!)
I can't tell you how many times Doug and I have looked at each other and said- ".... It's working!".
We've sure had a lot of fun doing the professional blogging thing. We're hoping it keeps on working for us!
1 comment:
I just clicked on every google ad on your website. Good job with the blog. I think that's so cool!
Post a Comment