Friday, May 15, 2009

Primary Activity

I've been teaching the Sunbeam (three year old Sunday school class) class at church this year. It's been so fun to be in the primary. I know I probably shouldn't admit this, but learning the hand motions to songs and playing bean bag toss games is just so much more fun to me than adult Sunday School.

I love my little Sunbeams. I'm still getting used to living so close to the people in my ward. It's been fun to be out and about running errands and hear a little voice from a corner of a store yell- hey! That's my teacher!

Last Saturday we had a big primary activity. The kids split up into groups and went around the church to learn about all the different things that happened while they are in primary each week. They got to see the bishop's office, and the clerk's office and the room where they prepare the sacrament.

Doug got to come and be in charge of teaching them what happens in the Elder's Quorum. I don't mean to brag or anything, but his station was the coolest. They were in the gym and he made a big maze for the kids to go through. At every point where they had to choose which way to go there were arrows with pictures of people doing different things. If you chose the thing that the Elders do then you wouldn't get stuck in the maze.

He's so cool. I was proud of him :) And my Sunbeams were sure happy to have something so fun to do!

3 comments:

Lauren said...

Wow, what a great idea. Did he make the make with chairs and rope?

I agree, primary is definitely more fun than Sunday school...unless you're in Delta's class.

Barbara said...

Me too--I am so proud of both you guys. You are so creative.

Nathan said...

Your 'sunbeams' were happy to have something fun to do, or your self. I'm a fan of fun too! Kids are the best thing for church, it means I am busy and not just sitting there. I honestly don't know how I stayed awake before kids