Sunday, May 24, 2009

The Beginnings of the Perfect Weekend

On Friday I told Doug that I was quitting my little invitation design job and that all the brides I was working with would just have to deal with it. (sometimes I don't really like working with my clients.....)

I settled for taking the weekend off. (not an easy task when you work from home) It's already been such an great couple of days! I love weekends.

On Saturday we headed up to Park City to see my Aunt Lolli. Doug set up her two new computers and printer while she and I sat around and ate watermelon salsa. (sounds weird, I know, but it's really good! I'm going to put the recipe on the end of this post so you can all try the amazing refreshing flavor) Not a bad set up, eh? In my defense, I did put the ink cartridges into the printer AND plugged in the power cord, so don't think that I was TOTALLY lazy :)

When the computers were all set up Lolli took us out on the town. We had an AMAZING meal at Red Rock (SO good, I highly suggest it). I love going out to eat with Lolli 'cause she always knows the best places. After dinner we went and saw Angels and Demons and headed home.



Then today after teaching about how we smell with our noses and taste with our tongues (I love teaching Sunbeams) we headed out for another day out. We went up into the canyon and up to Squaw Peak. The mountains are SO beautifully green this time of year- it makes me happy just to look at them.


We finished up the day by pulling out my old juicer. (well, it's not that old- we just haven't used it in a LONG time) We made fresh orange juice, strawberry juice and watermelon juice. And then we mixed and matched the flavors to come up with the best combo. For me I think it's a tie between strawberry/watermelon and strawberry/orange/watermelon- just for reference.


All in all, it's been a great weekend. And we still have one day left. I love long weekends!


Watermelon Salsa
2 cups diced seedless watermelon (make sure you dice it really small- like the same size pieces you'd get if you dice up a tomato)
3/4 c finely chopped sweet onion
3/4 c black beans, rinsed and drained
2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
1/4 c minced fresh cilantro
2 tsp. brown sugar
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 tsp salt

Combine all ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve with tortilla chips.

YUM!

2 comments:

Alice said...

I am most definitely going to try the salsa. The juices sound good too. Love the tee shirt in the picture--hum--looks familiar.

Barbara said...

The comment was really from me not Alice. I did not realize she was still logged in on my account.