

I've really decided that Jewish people have this celebration thing down. I mean, eight nights of presents? Yep. That wins. Way better than one rushed morning that inevitably leads to the downer felt by all on Christmas afternoon when months of preparation and anticipation have been ripped open and an entire year stands between you and the next big day.
I've come to this conclusion after the past two years of celebrating Christmas with Doug. We decided a while back that having our own Christmas morning with just our little family was something important to us. That's a lot harder to do than it might sound, Christmas being the time for extended families to get together and all.
So what do we do? Well, we took some advice from all those Jewish people out there. We don't celebrate for eight nights, but we do have two Christmas mornings. The first with just us and the second a day or two later with extended family. I actually really like it better! It's like a whole week of Christmas and by the time it's over I'm ready for it to be done.
So here's some of Christmas #1, celebrated before we headed up for Idaho Falls.

1 comment:
Uh oh... what are those pet feeders for?
Post a Comment