Dear Dr. Crawford, D.D.S,
I know I have bad teeth. REALLY bad teeth. People always tell me that I was lucky that I never had to have braces, but I still think I'd take braces if, along with them, I'd get to have a mouth full of those teeth that magically stay healthy with only a mindless brushing twice a day and a floss here and there.
My teeth are so bad that to this day I'm pretty sure my dad still doesn't believe I brush them. What he doesn't know is that I DO brush them. Morning and night. AND that not only do I brush them, I buy only soft bristle toothbrushes and hold my toothbrush with only the tips of my fingers rather than my whole fist to protect my gums. I also brush in a circular motion and count to 30 as I brush each quadrant to ensure I've cleaned for at least 2 minutes. I swish with anti-bacterial mouthwash in the morning to protect my gums and with fluoride at night to protect my teeth. I even floss daily. DAILY! No one flosses daily!
I go to my six month dental check up every six months. I don't drink soda or chew gum or buy sticky candy like fruit snacks that could ruin my teeth.
I know that despite all efforts, my gums are receeding and that a two cavity count is pretty good for me when I go to the dentist. I don't know why! Maybe my body just decided to take the energy needed for creating strong tooth enamel and put it into making me 6 1/2 inches taller than the average female. And the truth is, a two cavity count is pretty good because.. well... four is much more likely. Until today.
Today I thank you, Dr. Crawford, for pronouncing my mouth clean from all cavities for only the second time in my entire life. (the first being before I was tall enough to see over the receptionist's desk). The next six months of my life will be brighter because your little metal poky thing didn't stick to any of my teeth.
Sincerly,
Jessica
2 comments:
Yea for Jed!! Too bad Dad doesn't read this
There are people who floss daily, and I'm one of them! (mostly because I have some sort of phobia (that it sounds like you have as well) that when the dentist uses his pokey metal thing, it'll stick....) Oh, and sorry I provided sticky foods such as fruit snacks the other day. I'm glad they weren't detrimental to your oral health.
Post a Comment