Thursday, February 23, 2012

Valentine's Day Tea

  
I'm not a huge fan of the whole couple lovey-dovey side of Valentine's Day.  It just seems mean to have a holiday that so blatantly excludes people.  Is that just me?  Anyway, I've been trying to find Valentine's Day traditions can be shared with anyone we love and care about rather than something to do just as a couple. It's actually kind of hard to think of things- and anything I see that is group oriented seems to also be kid oriented.  Not that Doug and I don't love to sit around and finger paint together...but...you know....  I'd seriously love inspiration if any of you have done fun things!

Last year we started our own Vday Box tradition, which was an idea I totally copied from my aunt. (but it's fun!  We'll definitely keep doing it each year)  This year's addition: Valentine's Day Tea.  It was so fun!  Doug's mom came down and the three of us (yep, Doug was man enough to join us.  Not that we gave much of a choice, since we had it all set up and ready right when he gets home to eat lunch during the day) had a fancy lunch together.  I'm pretty sure that a lunch that involves wearing hats is almost always going to go on my list of favorite things, I might just need to find a way to do this again before next February 14!  



2 comments:

Kassy Whetten said...

I am totally with you on it being a celebration of love for more than just for our significant other. Our family tradition is on Valentines Day we get fast food and eat it by candlelight at home with the kids. They LOVE it! Then we usually will each take a turn and decide something to do. Like each pick a game or what not. Then as a couple, the hubby and I go out another night. Sometimes its more romantic than others. This year... we went and played lazer tag. :) BEST EVER!

Stephanie said...

So fun! My favorite part about the top picture is Georgie, sitting regally next to Doug's mom, just like she was going to join the party.