Doug and I went to the coolest thing last night! I can't believe I went all through BYU without hearing about this.
![]() |
| Isn't Doug's mustache sweet?! Don't worry, he only kept it for the dance. He is now officially facial hairless |
Each year the Saturday before Valentine's Day BYU puts on a big band night with a 1940s theme. Everyone dresses up to theme to enjoy dinner, live music (from BYU's Jazz band Syncopation), dancing and a show put on by some amazingly talented students. Did you know about this? Because if you did I'm seriously mad that you didn't tell me!
Luckily this year our friends invited us to go along with them. I'm so glad! I had so much fun planning what to wear. We went down to my Grandma's house in the morning so she could set my hair in an authentic 1940s style. It was so fun! We went through her yearbooks and she showed me all the girls with the prettiest hair and we based the style after theirs. When we were done my Grandma brought out a picture of my mom in high school- I never thought I looked like her until that moment! It was almost weird how similar we looked.
The night was fantastic, I can't even tell you how much cooler it is to dance to a live band with amazing, 40s style singers. I was so glad we'd done a little YouTube swing dancing crash course before we went. Dancing is so much more fun when you have actual steps to do- I was only sad that we didn't know how to dance to the waltz, cha cha and tango songs. Turns out it's been a while since my last Social Dance class back in 2003. It was probably a good thing though- I'll probably be recovering from the songs we did dance to for weeks!
![]() |
| Here's my hairstyle complete with Doug's Mom's awesome hat- It was so fun to wear ! |





6 comments:
That looks like so much fun!! I wish I knew about that too, You look amazing, love the hair!!!
You guys look awesome! That looks like so much fun, how cool. I didn't even know they did that.... So you do look so much like your mom, thats pretty neat.
That looks fantastic. How did we miss out on that? Can we go with you next year?
I LOVE the red hat. Beautiful. Elegant. Perfect.
This is awesome! I got an email from BYU about this event but I had never heard of it before this. You look so beautiful! Perfect timing for your new short hair.
You look just magnificent darling! And I loved looking at your quilt (prior post). Congratulations!
Post a Comment