Life has been so necessarily low key lately (a requirement that comes when half of the household has to be in bed 22 hours of the day.... everyday....) that it's hard to even think of anything worthy of a blog update. But I suppose there have a been a few mini things-
-Doug and I went out to Ohio for a week. We went out for a doctor visit which left much to be desired, but we had a fun week hanging with my parents.

-I celebrated my birthday- My Grandpa Stacey even surprised me by bringing over a cake! I'm not typically the receiver of cake (I like making cakes so much you'd have a hard time convincing me not to make my own) so it was a nice surprise. My mom made me a cake too while we were in Ohio, so I was doubly spoiled this year.

-Doug worked very hard to make our extra bedroom into a studio for me. Which of course involved changing the wall color and adding chair railing and wainscoting, because we're apparently addicted to home projects (but it looks so good! How could we not!?). We moved in an adjustable bed and a hospital table (the kind that fits over your bed) so that I can paint and draw in bed- something that I have missed so much! For a girl who can't sit up longer than 30 mins or so, this set up has opened up more doors than you can imagine. I know this is nerdy of me, but there have been so many things that this illness has stolen from me and it just feels so good to find ways to steal them back! It makes me feel like we're winning. I just love my new studio and spend all day, every day in there now.


-Valentine's Day! I had a lot of fun making V-day decorations this year. I copied an idea that my aunt does for valentine's day dinner- She sets the table all fancy and places a box in the center filled with little goodies. Then she strings ribbon from each place setting- one end tied to a quote about love (usually something funny from a movie or something) and the other end tied to a present that's in the box. During dinner we all go around and read our quote and pull out our prize. This year we had our own dinner- it doesn't look nearly as cool with only two ribbons coming out of the box (when my aunt does it there are usually 10-12 people) but we still had fun!
2 comments:
most people have a small part of the basement or garage for a studo, but you get chair rail and wanscoting--wow am I impressed
You have so many good ideas! I think I'll try this one next year.
Post a Comment