
My brother Nathan invented a competition for our reunion. We split into four teams, each team was given the same materials (a couple lengths of wood, two long pvc pipes, some pipe connectors, three bungee cords and the use of some basic tools) to build the best catapult.
So we set off working. After a while the kids wandered off. Then the women. But the guys were addited.

By the end of the day each team had an amazing entry for the competition.

(You'll notice that Marika and I were both members of Team Pink did make sure to come back to put some
amazing finishing touches on ours. )

We set up the target, aimed and fired!
and fired
and fired....

and even turned our devices upside down to see if it would help...

but even after all that firing, I think only one water balloon hit the pinata. Oh well! At least my team won the prettiest award!

In the end we found that 4 year olds are much more efficient water balloon launchers than anything we could make!
1 comment:
I love the catapult contest! What a creative activity to do together.
Post a Comment