I never know what to do for Pioneer Day. Doug doesn't get the day off work, and even if he did it seems to just slip into all those other Summer go-to-the-park-and-have-a-BBQ holidays. Now that I actually live in a place that benefited from Pioneer Day (as opposed to being the only Mormon girl my own age in my Ohio ward- a trial I endured because of the events we celebrate on Pioneer Day) I figure we should start celebrating. Since I can't get out of the house much, our celebrations usually revolve around what we're going to have for dinner. This year we celebrated Utah with chicken, beehive shaped corn bread, baked sweet potato fries served with fry sauce, and apple pie salad.
The apple pie salad isn't something I've had before. It's our new Pioneer day tradition- invent your own Mormon 'salad'. We don't have the exact measurements down yet, but here's the basic recipe-
Combine cool whip, vanilla pudding, and chopped green apples in a bowl. Add 1-2 crushed personal apple pies. Serve with dinner.
Best salad I've ever had. We are totally taking this thing to the next ward potluck!
The apple pie salad isn't something I've had before. It's our new Pioneer day tradition- invent your own Mormon 'salad'. We don't have the exact measurements down yet, but here's the basic recipe-
Combine cool whip, vanilla pudding, and chopped green apples in a bowl. Add 1-2 crushed personal apple pies. Serve with dinner.
Best salad I've ever had. We are totally taking this thing to the next ward potluck!
1 comment:
Will you be having that apple pie salad with a coronary bypass or would you simply like the cardiac stress test? Yes sir, all of our entrees come with a complementary EKG.
Post a Comment