Monday, November 1, 2010

Ohio Trip

I love visiting Ohio in the Fall. There is just something inside of me that aches for these trees! I never did feel well enough to go and get Fall leaf pictures anywhere beyond my parent's yard, but it's just as well I suppose. These are the trees I know and love the best.

As much as I love the leaves, my Ohio trip this year was all business. I went out to see a neurologist at the Cleveland University Hospital. He specializes in POTS (Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome for those of you who might have thought I just made up a random acronym), something I was diagnosed with a few years back. After electrocuting me at least 20 times, sticking pins in my muscles until they burned and strapping me onto a motorized table until I passed out (ok, ok... they stopped the test right before I would have passed out.. but it was pretty close) they figured out that.....I do in fact have POTS. If you're thinking that ending was a little anticlimactic you're not alone.

But at least I got to see my trees.






(This is my favorite picture. There are only a few people in the world who can honestly look at their yard, see this, and then say- Nope, not quite enough leaves on the ground to justify raking yet...)

3 comments:

Mike said...

Hey Jess, I can't believe I missed you by a day! It would have been fun seeing you, though I'm sorry your trips to Ohio aren't for fun...I hope they're able to help you get over this though.

Stephanie said...

Good thing I'm going east soon, otherwise I'd be salivating to see those trees more than I already am.

Grant and Kristin Collard said...

Jessica, your Ohio house is beautiful! The trees are just incredible.