I love Autumn! Just thinking about walking through crunchy leaves in the crisp, sweater worthy air just make my heart get all excited. I know it's still August, but I tend to have just as much fun anticipating my favorite things as actually living through them so I'm officially soaking in every second of pre-autumn life. On Friday I spent a good part of the evening curled up on the bench right by our big window in the living room reading a book (a task that will be so much more comfortable when I finally get around to braving the idea of covering a cushion for it. Making my own piping for the edges just sounds so scary to me!). The window was open and Georgie was perched, as she always is, watching all the neighborhood kids play on the street. Our new humming bird feeder was less than a foot from my head and I watched bird after bird come to it and not even care that I was so close (they must be pretty used to people) It was so amazing to get so close to them. The evening air is starting to get cooler and it reminded my that my favorite season is on it's way. As I sat there and soaked it all in I got pretty sure that life couldn't get much better.

3 comments:
Glad it works!
I would be glad to show you how to do piping. Let me know when you want to do it.
I can't wait for fall too. Summer is just too hot. It's exciting to think we could be wearing sweaters and boots soon. Plus, I love the holidays and fall coming means that we are that much closer to the holidays!
Post a Comment