My sister has started a tradition of coming down to Utah for the first Monday of Education Week. I love getting to see her and going to a whole day of spiritual learning is always so refreshing.
This year my mom came out for a few weeks in August and made sure to stay so we could all go to Monday classes together. It was such a great trip. This is the first time Doug and I have had a guest room for people to stay in when they come visit and it was so fun to get some quality time with both my Mom and Marika.
Whenever I get together with just one of them we always work on some fun project. With both of them here I'm afraid we went a little craft crazy! It was a lot of fun. Our entire living room and dining room turned into craft rooms for the whole week. Our main project for the weekend were these great aprons (you'll notice the matching hot pad as well. Because I'd just hate to pull something out of the oven with something that clashed with my apron!) It was so fun, though I'm afraid I've hung my new apron behind my others. It's just too nice to actually cook in! I've decided it will be my 'company's over' apron :)
This year my mom came out for a few weeks in August and made sure to stay so we could all go to Monday classes together. It was such a great trip. This is the first time Doug and I have had a guest room for people to stay in when they come visit and it was so fun to get some quality time with both my Mom and Marika.
Whenever I get together with just one of them we always work on some fun project. With both of them here I'm afraid we went a little craft crazy! It was a lot of fun. Our entire living room and dining room turned into craft rooms for the whole week. Our main project for the weekend were these great aprons (you'll notice the matching hot pad as well. Because I'd just hate to pull something out of the oven with something that clashed with my apron!) It was so fun, though I'm afraid I've hung my new apron behind my others. It's just too nice to actually cook in! I've decided it will be my 'company's over' apron :)
2 comments:
You finished it! It is adorable! I haven't had the heart to wear mine either! I keep thinking it will get dirty!
Thanks for letting us stay in your brand new guest room-LOVED your cute house and the craft take-over. How was Man Week BTW???
I love the apron! I think that you should help me make one.
Post a Comment