One of my very best friends from our stake growing up is now living in Hawaii with her little family. Her husband is starting his own business out there and I did a little design work for them. In return they sent us a great package full of a little taste of paradise :) Who knew there were so many different flavors of macadamia nuts? We've had so much fun taste testings each kind (I think honey roasted are my favorite... though actually the maui onion and garlic are pretty close!)They also sent us stuff to make Spam Musubi. Yes that's right, sushi but with spam in it. It was a lot of fun to make and eat with the pretty chopsticks that came in the package. I'll be honest, it'd take me a while to get used to it enough to really like it- but I really love trying new things so even though it wasn't a sudden favorite I'm really glad I got to try it. Doug on the other hand actually craved it the next day so it did become a sudden favorite for one of us! If you want to be creative and try it out here's a link to the recipe.
1 comment:
Yeah! I am glad that you had fun making the spam musubi, just so you know, they usually have about twice as much rice, but it is all good! Phil was the same way as Doug, and my taste was similar to yours, but my students would bring them to me sometimes and I felt bad saying that i did not like them....anyway, the taste has grown on me! :)
Post a Comment