Sunday, July 6, 2008

Happy Fourth of July!

Doug and I had a great Fourth of July this year. We spent the morning at the Provo Freedom Festival Parade. It's actually a really good parade. This is the first year I'd really ever watched it- I'd seen it before, but just while walking through the crowd on my way up to campus to study. Have I mentioned that I love life without homework??

After the parade we had a picnic. And by picnic I mean we went to the nearest grocery store, bought some stuff from their Deli and then headed to a park where- upon seeing how many people were there and feeling how hot it was- we decided to enjoy nature from the comfort of our air conditioned car. It's a Ford though, so I still say it's patriotic.

Our favorite event of the day? Finding out that dry ice can make a warm can of soda icy cold in no more than 4 mins.



2 comments:

Jason & Kelli West said...

Hey Jess,
thsoe corn dogs on a stick look yummy, and I am now going to have to try cooling down warm soda with dry ice. what a magnificent and fun idea! We were at the parade as well, and quite throughly enjoyed it! It looks like you guys had a great time. talk to ya later :)

Stephanie said...

If one day you're looking at that picture of the parade wondering just who is in the parade vehicle behind you (other than the honorary WWII guy), it's Colonel Jacobs from the ROTC along with his wife. It's random, I know. Now you can always look back and remember how I used to work for the ROTC....