Thursday, August 30, 2012

Day With Nieces!


We were so lucky to get to spend the day with our nieces this week while they were in town- it was such a fun day!  It all started out with a Puppet Tea Party for lunch (can I just say I love that I've become the Puppet Aunt?!) followed by a trip up to the Utah History and Art Museum in Salt Lake to see my quilt (that was at their request- they're so sweet).  Doug even got the afternoon off so he got to come with us for that.


Some of you who are related to me might be surprised to know that the original handcart on display at the museum is the actual handcart used by the family of my Grandpa Stacey's maternal grandfather.  (he was a baby when he crossed the plains, it was pulled by his parents and grandparents I believe)  Did you know that?!  I didn't find out until a year or so ago and I can't believe this isn't a bigger, more readily shared bit of family information.   


The evening ended with a puppet making marathon.  The girls cut everything out while I sewed.  It was so fun to see their creations.


As ever, we're so sad to see them go! 

2 comments:

Jill said...

Can I come and make a puppet too?

marika said...

You are really the best aunt ever!