Thursday, August 30, 2012

Aida


I am always so amazed at how much talent there is here when it comes to singing, dancing and acting.  Even the elementary school plays are actually pretty good (when you consider the age of the actors).  We are surrounded by amazing high school, college and community theaters and going to a play has always been on our 'we should really do that' list.  I don't know why we hardly ever get to them!

When I found out that one of my best friends from college was in a community theater's (? whatever the Sandy Amphitheater is considered- semi professional? Community?  I obviously need to learn more about this whole theater thing!) play- Aida- I was so excited to have a reason to go!  It's an outdoor theater with lawn seating, so I got us tickets, packed a picnic dinner and we headed up for the show.  It was really great... when the rain finally stopped about half way through....  :(  It's rained so little this year that I had only planned for sitting through record breaking heat- I didn't even think of rain.  Oh well!  We finally had a reason to break out those emergency blankets and jackets we keep in the car.

It was so fun to actually know someone on stage and get to hear about everything going on back stage.  And luckily the show was good enough to keep us watching even through the rain.  We're definitely going to have to check out a few more shows around here- maybe next time I'll try an indoor theater.

No comments: