Well. My Argentine bug (or what I like to lovingly refer to as Wormy) presses on. I'm pretty sure he's building an army inside of me to eat away all of my energy (don't think about that statement too much, because it's very likely quite true...).
I really try to update this blog once a week just to have things recorded. But the end of February and beginning of March was really uneventful for us. I've been sick and Doug's been working.
Just because I like it better when blog posts have pictures, here's the only picture I could think of taking-
Yep. It's a wall. But not just any wall- this is the wall that I stare at whenever I'm too sick to move. Which lately has been about 90% of the time.
I read this book about living with chronic illness that said that when you're sick, you shouldn't measure your life by the things you do. Instead, you should measure it by the relationships you develop and the things you learn. As I lie in bed and stare at that wall I try to think of what God wants me to learn from all this. Trust me, I've learned a LOT! The past couple months one of the big things has been gratitude. Here are just a few of the things that I feel so lucky to have-
Doug. I won't expound on this one because it'd get all mushy. But I will say that God was very kind to wait until I had Doug to make me this sick.
Doug's health- I can't even imagine what we'd do if something happened and Doug couldn't work. We're already living the fall back plan (you know how you always think, well- if one of us gets sick or hurt the other can provide for the family. Welp, it's not an 'if' statement for us.) and would literally be left with no options if something happened to Doug. Let's all pray that I can keep being grateful for this one for a very very long time!
Health Insurance- I know there's been so much going on about how horrible our health care system is, but I'd just like to say that we have awesome health insurance that allows me to get just about any type of health care I need.
Our House- I know, I know, it's vain. But all I get to do all day is lie down and look at our house and furniture. I'm just really really glad that I think it's pretty. :)
So many more! The list literally goes on and on and on. God is so merciful. He can make life good no matter what is happening in it.
I really try to update this blog once a week just to have things recorded. But the end of February and beginning of March was really uneventful for us. I've been sick and Doug's been working.
Just because I like it better when blog posts have pictures, here's the only picture I could think of taking-
Yep. It's a wall. But not just any wall- this is the wall that I stare at whenever I'm too sick to move. Which lately has been about 90% of the time.I read this book about living with chronic illness that said that when you're sick, you shouldn't measure your life by the things you do. Instead, you should measure it by the relationships you develop and the things you learn. As I lie in bed and stare at that wall I try to think of what God wants me to learn from all this. Trust me, I've learned a LOT! The past couple months one of the big things has been gratitude. Here are just a few of the things that I feel so lucky to have-
Doug. I won't expound on this one because it'd get all mushy. But I will say that God was very kind to wait until I had Doug to make me this sick.
Doug's health- I can't even imagine what we'd do if something happened and Doug couldn't work. We're already living the fall back plan (you know how you always think, well- if one of us gets sick or hurt the other can provide for the family. Welp, it's not an 'if' statement for us.) and would literally be left with no options if something happened to Doug. Let's all pray that I can keep being grateful for this one for a very very long time!
Health Insurance- I know there's been so much going on about how horrible our health care system is, but I'd just like to say that we have awesome health insurance that allows me to get just about any type of health care I need.
Our House- I know, I know, it's vain. But all I get to do all day is lie down and look at our house and furniture. I'm just really really glad that I think it's pretty. :)
So many more! The list literally goes on and on and on. God is so merciful. He can make life good no matter what is happening in it.
1 comment:
It is a beautiful wall. I love the cute decorations you made with Delta. And I'm glad you shared your gratitude list. I learn so much when I get a small chance to glimpse through your eyes.
Post a Comment