Monday, April 13, 2009

Happy Easter!

Doug and I had a wonderful Easter Sunday.

An Easter egg hunt just isn't nearly as fun with only two adults in the house, so we decided to let Georgie help us out with that. Anything that's small enough for her to bat around with her little paws can constantly be found all around our house- we took advantage of this little trait of hers and put out Easter eggs Saturday night for her to 'hide' for us. She did a pretty good job- by morning they were scattered throughout the house! Thanks Georgie.

I also surprised Doug with a 'healthy' Easter basket- crackers and yummy cheese, craisins, an Easter tie and some diet Dr Pepper (yes, it was caffeine free- for those of you who were judging us for a second there).

Doug's family came over for Easter dinner and an Easter egg hunt for the kids (Easter egg hunts are a lot more fun when kids are involved!). It was so fun to see them- we love being close to family!

I'm am so grateful for the Easter season and how, because of it, we get to be reminded of the amazing life of our Savior, Jesus Christ. I've been studying His life so much more deaply lately than I ever have before and it's been so encredible to see how the more I learn, the more it all makes sense. I am so excited to understand His life more and more.

No comments: