Yesterday was probably my favorite regular day of my entire life. (I say regular day to make sure you all know that, of course, my wedding day is ranked higher on my favorite days scale. But it wasn't just a 'regular day'. It's ranked in a completely different category of 'extraordinary days')
Can I just tell you why? It was just so great.
I'd gotten to that point. You know, the one where your computer turns into poison that sucks all joy and happiness out of your soul as soon as you sit in front of it. (most of your probably think I'm crazy right now. But I KNOW that all of you who have ever had a job where you just sit in front of a computer all day-EVERY DAY- know exactly what I'm talking about. And if you worked from home on that job and had absolutely no human interaction during the day except through your computer then you REALLY know what I'm talking about.)
I kept trying to find things that I could do away from the computer so I could have a little break, but I just kept finding one thing after another that I really had to get done in front of my computer monitor. sigh.
So yesterday I woke up, bracing myself for another day of computering- only to find that Doug was still home... and he'd made me breakfast in bed! I was so excited just to get to see him for a little while before he went to work. And then- as I was eating my croissant and sipping my hot chocolate from my warm bed- I found out that he'd taken one of his vacation days so that he could stay home and cheer me up! Isn't he just the best husband ever?
It was the best day. We went to a matinee at the movie theater (in the middle of a work day- when everyone else was at work. And we WEREN'T. It was so great!), got a fresh bagguette and made the most amazing sandwhiches for lunch, and pretty much just enjoyed the day together. It was the perfect medicine for me. I'm happy to say that after such a great day, my computer is no longer sucking the happiness right out of me (in fact, I'm back to rather enjoying working on it)
I am so grateful to have such an amazing, thoughtful husband!
2 comments:
yay :)
I'm glad he is my son. What a guy!
Post a Comment