Sunday, October 5, 2008

Basement Apartment: Before and After

We put up our baseboards yesterday! It's so exciting to start getting close to the final product. We're still not all the way there (I'm pretty sure the list of little projects we still have to do never actually gets any shorter... as we finish one we realize there is another to be done), but I figured I'd take pictures while I was thinking of it. These are of the Kitchen/Living area of the basement apartment.

Living Room Before

Living Room After


Kitchen Before

(this is exactly how it looked when we moved in. I do wonder why there were those pool noodles in the kitchen...)

Kitchen After
It's been so fun to have a house and actually get to choose what things will look like! I actually surprised myself yesterday. I had a coupon for the garden center at Home Depot and figured I should take advantage of it and get something to help make our yard look little nicer. I picked out two hydrangea bushes and spent the rest of the afternoon daydreaming about where I'd put them! I honestly think I thought of at least 25 difference scenarios, and we really don't have a very big yard. I really never thought of myself as a gardener, but maybe I just had to buy a plant to get myself started! Let's hope I still like it once I've been trying to keep those bushes alive for a while.

I'm so excited to move upstairs (where we plan on living a bit longer than we did in the basement!) and pick paint colors that we actually get to live with. I've been daydreaming about those colors for much longer than an afternoon and am so very very excited to get working on the real thing.

8 comments:

Nathan said...

That looks so different. I love the 'open cabinets' look of the before pictures. It makes everything look ridiculously better

Kent Kate & Afton said...

Looks good guys!!!

Jill Dransfield said...

I love the house. You guys have done a great job!

gregandlaura said...

It looks so cute!! Isn't it so much fun to decorate!!!!!

Jason & Kelli West said...

how fun for you to have a house! I'm glad you get to decorate with paint in the color you like! Good luck with the green thumb! I wonder if mine will ever turn green? hmm.... anyway, have a great day!

Paula said...

Wow you guys have done a terrific job. I can't believe it was such a mess when you moved in--that must have been frustrating to deal with.

Unknown said...

Nice job, it looks great! Now you can invite me over for dinner any time ;) !

Heather Nelson said...

Jessica!!! I'm so happy to have found you in the blogging world! Your house is pretty much amazing! Those before and after pictures don't even look like the same place! Great job! Want to come to my house? :)