Sunday, October 19, 2008

Moving. . . Again

Jessica and I are moving again! For the last month Jess and I have been fixing up and living in the basement apartment of our new house. Last night the couple that was living upstairs moved out. For the next two weeks we are going to have the entire house to ourselves. Beginning in November we will live upstairs and we will rent out the basement apartment to a nice newlywed couple.

We are SO excited to move upstairs. Don't get me wrong, the basement apartment is a ton better than the apartment we were living in for the first year of our marriage. Living in a real house is really awesome though.

We (especially Jessica) have been giddy thinking about paint colors and all the customizations and improvements we want to do. Here are some pictures:

This is a picture of the front of the house:

This is what you see as you walk in the front door:

This is the living room:

Another view of the living room:

Jessica pondering paint (in the kitchen/dining area):
Still pondering:
This is the bathroom:

This is the garage. We have lofty plans to put our cars in here:

This house has approximately 1000 closets, I have taken pictures of a select few of them for all you (closet) lovers out there:


So there it is. We are really excited. After spending a month in our basement apartment wondering what our house really looked like (since we had only seen the upstairs a few times) it was really exciting to open up the door between the house and the basement apartment. It was like we passed through a portal to another world. A world with magic machines that wash your dishes for you and enormous rooms with giant doors where snow and ice don't need to be constantly scraped from your car every morning.

We like our new world.

3 comments:

Jill Dransfield said...

I love your house! I am quite jealous. I can't wait to come and see it.

gregandlaura said...

yay! I love it -so cute! Can't wait to see what you do with the Blank Canvas!! Hope to see pics!! ps - LOVE the closets - so jealous!

Mark Christie Family said...

Congartualtions on home ownership. Nothing beats it. I am sure you are going to have the cutest house. You seem very creative.