Sunday, October 26, 2008

We Won!

I believe I've recently explained my love for free things. Anything that is free is immediately more enjoyable to me. I think the only thing I could love more than a free thing is a free thing that I won. The fact that it's free AND no one else gets it makes its coolness factor go way up to me.

As I walked in the door on Friday afternoon, Doug told me that KSL Radio was throwing a tailgate party just down the street from us that included $3 steak dinners. A $3 steak dinner isn't free, but it sure is close, so we left immediately. We found a parking lot full of people enjoying their cheap steak dinners, along with a number of free, delicious items (fresh scones, hot chocolate, apples with caramel dip and much more) Doug Wright (a talk radio show host from KSL who Doug and I listen to a lot) was there making announcements and giving out prizes. I entered our name half heartedly since there were so many entries.

So the evening went on, some people got little prizes like T shirts and such. They announced that they'd start the drawings for the big prizes- BYU football tickets for the game next day- and the first name they drew was Doug! It was so exciting! I was so sad that I didn't have my camera to get a picture of him up on stage with Doug Wright handing him his prize and making him give a Cougar cheer in front of everyone.

Unfortunately Doug has been sick all week and by the time we got home he knew he'd be too sick to use the tickets the next day... after checking to see if some friends/family wanted them (it was too late notice for everybody) we ended up selling them on Craigslist and going out to lunch with the money we got for them. A much more fun option, in my opinion (I'm still a little footballed out from... well... my life)

Thanks for lunch KSL!

3 comments:

Paula said...

It sounds like you had a lot of fun. I enjoy reading your blog.

Nathan said...

That is the most ironic gift I have ever heard of!

Andrew and Lauren said...

Booo, Booo.

Lunch < Football