Sunday, September 28, 2008

Pretzel Day-- well, I like Pretzel Day


To fully understand this post you must know two things:

1) Doug and I aren't big TV watchers. I can prove this by the fact that when we were in our last apartment our cable went out. Our managers were really surprised when, after it'd been out for about three weeks, they called to see if the problem had finally been fixed and I didn't know what problem they were talking about.

Our disinterest in television is beaten only by two shows; The Office and The Suze Orman Show (ha ha ha.. Yes, that's right. A financial planning show. We're the biggest nerds I know, but we just can't get enough of it!)

We have been counting down the days until the Season Premiere of The Office for months!

2) There's something inside of me that just loves free things. I don't think it even matters what it is. If I was walking down the street and someone was giving away free garbage I'd probably be excited about it.

About a month ago I heard that Coldstone would be giving away free icecream on Sept 25. I immediately wrote the date on our calendar and hung the newspaper ad next to it so I would be constantly reminded of the wonderful upcoming event.

The best part of it all- they fell on the same day! Nothing like getting a free cup of ColdStone icecream and then sitting down to enjoy the long awaited engagement of Jim and Pam!

2 comments:

Alice said...

I was soooo excited for the premier of The Office too. So stinkin' funny. I love it. I love that Ryan is now back temping as the receptionist. Serves him right. I also love that Jim called him on his "community service" being court ordered. I only wish I'd know about free Cold Stone though. Next time post that before it happens will ya? Hee hee. I love their mint ice cream with brownie. Just too good.

Kip Thompson said...

Oh my gosh, I just got the title of that post. The pretzel episode was awesome. Just wanted to chime in about Suze Orman - we watch her show every saturday! DENIED! You're not nerds at all, just prudent.