Here's a bunch of pictures, including the things I couldn't keep myself from working on when I should have been doing things like filling out mortgage papers.
Becca and Marat coming out of the temple

One of the flower girls (Becca's niece)

Wedding cake close up. The fruits are in their wedding colors (chocolate brown- chocolate covered cherries, lime green- limes, linen- pears)

Doug and I literally cut hundreds of pieces of cake as fast as our little hands would let us!

These pictures are for those of you who ever wondered why wedding cakes cost so much. Just so you know, I literally worked on this cake for over a week. And that doesn't include finding the recipes, finding the proper cake pans or buying the ingredients, decorations and cake stand. Not to mention the fact that the decoration on this cake was just fruit- no fancy frosting techniques at all. Fancy piping could have easily added another week to the process. After finding out how time consuming this process really is, (sometimes I just think that people are complainers when it comes to projects. I'll never think that about a wedding cake maker ever again) I've officially taken myself out of the wedding cake business. I'm pretty certain this will be my first and last.
Here are all the cakes pre-frosted

And most of the frosting. Yes, that's right. That's an enormous mixing bowl full of frosting there on the left. Not to mention the six other containers taking up our shelf space and the other stuff over on the counter!

My cousin Lisa from the other side (it was kinda kinda funny to see both sides of the family at one wedding) catered the wedding. The food was AMAZING. They did a sandwich bar with amazing breads and different homemade spreads and fantastic meat. Her cooking skills are pretty much the best I've ever seen.


These last things were my favorite part to do. Probably because I've been doing so much graphic design lately. These were the invitations that I made her-

Then for the reception we made signs that coordinated with the invitations and put them all over.

I liked this one a lot. It was Becca's idea. They served a sandwich bar because it's Becca's favorite food. So, at the beginning of the table there was a sign with the bride and groom's favorite sandwich recipes so people could try them out.

These guys went with the cake when we served it to show the different flavors: dark chocolate with cream cheese frosting, sponge cake with lemon curd and sour cream frosting, and cinnamon vanilla cake with Mexican hot chocolate buttercream.

2 comments:
Jess, you are amazing. What can't you do? I love the colors and design, and the cakes look and sound so so so good. You have been busy!
Jess, my family is throwing me a shower this next wednesday the 20th, and we'd love to have you there!
7:30-9pm
745 W 100 N, Provo (mike and bekahs')
hope you can make it!
Post a Comment