Thursday, August 21, 2008

Happy Anniversary!

Last Friday Doug and I celebrated our first anniversary. It was such a fun weekend! We had plans to go up to the bed and breakfast we stayed in on our honeymoon and it just so happened that the morning before we checked into our room we got to go buy a house! We thought it was kinda neat that it worked out to happen on our anniversary.

Here's the whole story through pictures-

Here we are exactly one year to the minute of when we got married (we're such dorks, I know) That was right before we went in to sign for the house.


This is the bed and breakfast we stayed in- Castle Creek Inn. I love it. It totally brings out the 6 year old girl in me. I mean, staying at a CASTLE?! How fun!


This is our room- you can only see a little of it, but they decorate it so you totally feel like you're staying in a castle. Silk drapes, velvet pillows and all that. I love it. My favorite part was this couch. I think I talked about it all night. Poor Doug. You know you married a designer when you have to listen to the amazing aesthetics of a couch all night.


So, they have this snack bar full of things you can help yourself to. It was hilarious to me the difference between being just married and having just lived on a year of strict, house saving type budgeting. The first time we came I think we ate a chocolate truffle off the snack bar. This time however- it was free food! And GOOD food at that! We made a conscience effort to eat some of each and everything thing offered.


'Cutting the cake' again


Doug thought he was SOOO funny.


The small crumbs of cake he was able to shove in my mouth were all we ate. Our cake definitely had fruit throughout it so it was impossible to freeze just the cake... (all the wedding cake freezing experts tell you to take out any fruit before freezing... now I know why) Basically, the point of the story is, our cake tasted like rotten fruit. Disgusting.

I'm so excited to get thing out of our freezer! Just think of all the things we can fit in there now that we don't have to keep a large chunk of rotting cake!


Mmmmmmm.... treats from Kneaders. They catered our wedding reception so we figured it was only right that we went back and got the same things.


Here's our house! It's in the north part of Orem between I-15 and State St. We're so excited! It was a pretty great Anniversary present if I may say so myself.

1 comment:

Jill Dransfield said...

I love your house! I think that is a great anniversary activity! I can't believe you ate your cake - yuck. Jay and I didn't save any cake. We liked it too much it and ate it all!