Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

I'm not really Irish, but I do like a good excuse to celebrate a holiday. Especially when the way to celebrate it is coloring everyday food to make it green! I am, however, realizing that most of our posts are about food, or at least a lot of them! So I've decided to include one last green food picture and then talk about some other things we've been up to.



We had a fantastic weekend that started off with a surprise visit from my brother Andrew and his wife Lauren. They had flown into town from Columbus, Ohio to visit with Lauren's family who also lives here in Utah. I was home doing some homework when I saw them walking up to our apartment! Great surprise! We certainly lucked out because we got to see them in family settings since Andrew is my brother, AND friend settings, since Doug was Andrew's roommate. It made for a fantastic weekend.



A couple of weeks ago we also got to go to the University Accessibility Banquet. This is one of my favorite things to go to at BYU. For one, it's the most amazing food you'll ever get for free at a BYU function (At least as a student). But more importantly it's just really neat to sit there with the people who get to go. It's an awards banquet for the center at BYU that helps all of the students with disabilities. You are only invited to go if you are either a BYU student with a legal, registered disability or a student who has worked as an official volunteer to help such a student. Either way it makes for some pretty amazing people to be sitting next to for an evening. It truly was very inspiring.

These are some pictures from the evening- they're pretty dark because I didn't want to ruin the atmosphere with a flash. Hopefully they help show what it was like!



1 comment:

gregandlaura said...

You guys are hilarious! - Love the green food!