I remember after Andrew left home leaving me-the youngest- alone with my parents. Mom and Dad tried to convince me to go on an Easter Egg hunt. There was just something about that wasn't appealing. Perhaps the fact that I, a Junior in high school, would walk all over the house searching for boiled eggs and impossible to find baskets, followed only by the two people who had done the actual hiding.
Needless to say, it's been a while since I've participated in an Easter hunt. This year I decided to change that. I secretly went to the store and bought some candy. I hid it all over our living room the night before Easter. (since our apartment is about 600 square feet, Doug inevitably caught me in the act) The next morning I awoke to find that Doug had boiled and 'decorated' (with a marker) some eggs for me to find. We had a fun little hunt and, while I was tempted to hide a basket where Doug could only find it this July when we move, I do believe we even found everything that was hidden.

No comments:
Post a Comment