I can't even believe we survived December! Every year is so crazy and I always think it will make me so sick. And every year I'm right :) Maybe one of these days I'll learn how to cut back on December the way I've cut back during the rest of the year. Until then I'll just spend the first 4 months of the year recovering from Christmas. Here's a little glimpse of the craziness:
We started out the Christmas season with the annual Activity Days Christmas party at our house. This was the 3rd AD Christmas party I've planned. Every year I make the gingerbread houses easier to make. Every year the girls simply can not grasp the concept of giving the icing 1 minute to set up before piling candy onto the newly attached walls. Sigh. We ended up with a lot of gingerbread piles full of collapsed walls, roofs and LOTS of candy. (I've learned that no 8 year old can be too disappointed with a failed gingerbread house if your suggestion is to cover the flaws with candy) Next year we are decorating sugar cones and calling them Christmas trees. But I'm pretty sure they'll still find a way to get those to collapse!
The first ever cousin cookie exchange followed with much greater success. I've always put off doing one of these thinking it would be so much work, but it was really easy and so fun to catch up with every one! And in the end we had awesome neighbor gifts all packaged and ready to hand out. I'm not sure how you could get better than that.
We finally went to the Hale Center Theater's production of A Christmas Carol (their Orem theater is just down the street from our house and every year I want to go but don't think of it until the tickets are sold out)
Christmas Eve Eve (not a typo, just the day before Christmas Eve) we had an ugly sweater party with Doug's family. I'm pretty sure Doug's t-shirt is my favorite Christmas shirt ever.
Christmas day brought us to the Grand America Hotel Christmas Day Buffet with Marika. Let's just say I will never feel a draw to cook my own Christmas dinner again.
We even got to see Andrew and Lauren's family for a live viewing of Charlie Brown's Christmas. (Live because we were all together in person, rather than watching together via Skype. Not because Charlie Brown and his crew came and acted out the movie for us in person. Though that would be pretty awesome)
All in all, December was pretty awesome. Which is a good thing since I'll be reliving it from my bed for weeks to come :)










1 comment:
That's really sweet of you to get the girls together to make gingerbread houses. Even when you're not tired, that's enough work to wear anyone out! Fun to see some pics of your family. Miss you.
Post a Comment