| Are you noticing a trend in Doug's bday cakes? I'm pretty sure we found his pick for every birthday for the rest of time! |
Happy Birthday to Doug!
Wow- Doug's birthday was so long ago that I don't even really remember what we did. I guess it doesn't help that it fell in the middle of my class which meant that I was a walking zombie for the occasion.
For one of his gifts Doug got a fishing licence and we have since enjoyed many beautiful evenings up in the canyon- Doug fishing and me painting. It's been such a fun gift- I think it is quickly becoming our favorite hobby and we're having a lot of fun finding the perfect location. It's harder than you might think- it can't just be a great fishing spot, it has to have a place for me to set up to paint that's close enough that I can talk to Doug, but far enough that I don't get hooked in the face. See? Tricky.
We haven't quite found it yet, but when we do, we might just let you know. Maybe. Unless it's really good, in which case we'll never tell a soul because I want it all to ourselves. Sorry! :)
1 comment:
I used to fish at that first park up the canyon. It looks kind of lame, but I would catch some pretty good sized fish out of the little pond there above the damn. It was at dusk, during the caddis fly hatch. You could easily sit close to doug and talk while he fished. It isn't very secluded, but not a bad spot.
Post a Comment