Valentine's day isn't my only complaint, as I'm sure you've put together after reading the title of this post. I'm all about giving mothers credit for all they do. In fact, I think it should happen way more than one day a year. As a childless adult, however, Mother's Day is a day I plan to happily avoid for as long as possible.
This year Laura, one of my best friends from college, came down from Portland to share in the avoidance. We spent the weekend in extreme girliness. A day at Gardner Village (including way too much time at their awesome quilt shop), a night in the cutest hotel in downtown SLC, room service for breakfast and church at the institute building at the U where no Mother's Day talks could be heard. I do believe it was the beginning of a beautiful tradition.
This year Laura, one of my best friends from college, came down from Portland to share in the avoidance. We spent the weekend in extreme girliness. A day at Gardner Village (including way too much time at their awesome quilt shop), a night in the cutest hotel in downtown SLC, room service for breakfast and church at the institute building at the U where no Mother's Day talks could be heard. I do believe it was the beginning of a beautiful tradition.
3 comments:
Yes, Mother's Day can be a hard holidays for those of us without kids. I especially dread Sacrament meeting where inevitably one of the speakers will be a young mother who gushes about how much she loves being a mom followed by the young men passing out flowers to all the moms.... and then of course those who don't have children get a flower for good measure. Awkward.
Yeah, and it was awesome! Luckily, it's now an annual tradition. (Or perhaps semi-annual? I need some more quilt fabric to admire.)
I stumbled upon your blog and LOVE IT! I have to say this post I couldn't agree more! I don't have kids yet either because of certain life things and Mothers day is a day I just want to avoid! Sometimes I even want to avoid facebook because I can't stand another pregnancy announcement! Just know your not alone!! Next mothers day I think I'm going to celebrate the same way haha!
Post a Comment