Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Happy Birthday to Doug

This year's birthday festivities were great. We started the week before Doug's birthday and celebrated until the week after. I love having an excuse to celebrate something!

We started up in Idaho with Doug's family. We went up there to help get Doug's parents house ready for renters and decided it was a convenient time for the first round of birthday cake and presents. We had a great birthday dinner with Doug parents, brother Carl and his Grandma Willis.

This year's birthday cake was an encore of the Blueberry Buttermilk Tart (it's that good) and mini Raspberry Almond Tarts.


I liked this picture of Doug because somehow the candles reflected in the photo to make it look like he's blowing fire! (and yes, we do own a camera that is way beyond our photography abilities...)


The rest of the week included lots and lots of free food (I love birthday week). Our favorite is still Fuddrucker's free burger. This year's biggest birthday week disappointment: Coldstone went buy one get one free on us. Sigh.

The big day included apple turnovers for breakfast (ps- we got 'birthday plates' for the bday person to eat on and I just love them!) and a delightful assortment of Ben and Jerry's in the evening. (don't you love how my summary of celebrations include what we ate and nothing more? I know I sure do)

And now we plan to diet until the next birthday week to make up for it!

5 comments:

Aden & Jamie Hirtle said...

Ok I saw this blueberry dessert in one of your last posts but now I think I definitely have to try it out for myself!!

Jill said...

Happy Birthday to Doug! I love your celebrate sign.

marika said...

Only two spoons with all those Ben and Jerry's? It must have been a REALLY good birthday!

Laura said...

Happy Birthday Doug! (Late.) Also, all of your pictures are gorgeous.

Janelle said...

Let me just say, Awesome! the food, the fire breathing Doug, more food, what a day! Happy late b-day Doug.