I took a puppetry class at BYU. If you're like most people I talk to, you'll laugh at that statement. But I seriously think I've used what I learned in that class more than I've used anything else from college. I love making puppets! And I love using them. (the class taught us how to design professional level puppets without patterns, and then how to act with them-it's offered in through the theater department)
I've been working on a puppet nativity for a few years now- adding a couple puppets each year. This year was the first year with the whole set. It was so fun! We were lucky enough to get to visit my brother's family while they were up in Wyoming, so I brought it along to do with his kids. We did it again on Christmas Eve with Doug's family which was awesome since it was a bunch of adults doing it- but we had fun!
I've been working on a puppet nativity for a few years now- adding a couple puppets each year. This year was the first year with the whole set. It was so fun! We were lucky enough to get to visit my brother's family while they were up in Wyoming, so I brought it along to do with his kids. We did it again on Christmas Eve with Doug's family which was awesome since it was a bunch of adults doing it- but we had fun!
4 comments:
Jessica, those are amazing! Next year, you can come and have Christmas at our house.
Jessica, those puppets look incredible! Hope everything's going well, we need to coordinate a trip to Ohio at the same time one of these days.
Did we live together when you took that class? I seem to have vague remembrances of you making cool puppets. Anyways, your set looks very awesome! I think I would so much rather have a puppet doing a part of the Christmas story then acting it out myself.
The puppets are the cutest nativity I have ever seen. They are so cute it is hard not to covet them! Maybe gabby and gabe are going to get some new clothes next christmas!
Post a Comment