You might think I'm a bit early for Christmas, but I'm actually just really late. I've been working on these stockings for years now. The yarn I knit them out of is something I got in Argentina right before I went home. It's sentimental to me, so I wanted these to be perfect. The years included a lot of planning and searching for materials rather than actual work.
They're FINALLY done!
I must admit the photos do not do them justice. The yarn is 100% silk so it just shines in the light and glides through your fingers. They're lined with dupioni silk, hand embroidered (with designs that I created on my computer then used as patterns) and mine has these Japanese glass beads that catch the light just right. Totally over kill, I know- but I had so much fun finding just the right stuff. I'm so excited to have a reason to buy stocking stuffers this year!
They're FINALLY done!
I must admit the photos do not do them justice. The yarn is 100% silk so it just shines in the light and glides through your fingers. They're lined with dupioni silk, hand embroidered (with designs that I created on my computer then used as patterns) and mine has these Japanese glass beads that catch the light just right. Totally over kill, I know- but I had so much fun finding just the right stuff. I'm so excited to have a reason to buy stocking stuffers this year!
8 comments:
Now Georgie needs one.
These are amazing. I love them. Great job!
they are beautiful. love them good job, its never to early for christmas
Oh. Wow. There are not words to do them justice. I think I will be coveting your Christmas stockings.
wow those are gorgeous!
Beautiful Jess!
Those look so classy! Good work!
LOVE THESE!!
Post a Comment