I'm always happy when every inch of our counter tops is covered with food. First of all because it covers more of the hideous pink Formica (pink counter tops. Seriously? Who decided on that?) and second because it means something amazing will be in my mouth shortly. This particular shot is in preparation for the annual Salsa Competition at Doug's office. He decided to be unique and do a Italian inspired salsa- tomatoes, fresh basil, caramelized onions, and a lot of other amazing things that I couldn't possibly remember or ever recreate. But boy was it good. I'll just sum up the results by saying he SHOULD have won.While we didn't steal the prize for our salsa, we did successfully find that George is half puppy. Or at least he'll eat ANY kind of people food in front of him. Which to me is pretty much the same thing. Here he is cleaning up a handful of corn chips we spilled during the salsa prep. (in case you weren't sure, corn chips are not typically a feline favorite) At least I don't have to sweep as often with him around.
1 comment:
A work competition? Really? You could have put a Big Mac in a blender and called it salsa and it would have had an equal chance of winning. Judges at work competitions, school fairs or ward cook-offs are notorious for not knowing truly good food from a pile of compost.
Post a Comment