Monday, August 30, 2010

Georgie got a Pet Kitten
















I know. I know. Another cat? That's what we kept thinking too.

It's just that Georgie is, as far as cats go, very social . I really like having a pet around to cuddle with but playing with animals isn't as fun to me. And to be honest, some days giving my full , undivided attention to a cat was just a little much. So we got her a pet. We called him our trial kitten. Young enough that we could still give him away if Georgie didn't like him, old enough not to need a real kitten mama. We fooled ourselves into thinking we were deciding whether or not to keep him. We ran several tests to see if he made our house smell too much like cats. Did some calculations on how much he'd cost. Wondered how in the world we'd live with all these cats everywhere. (we're still wondering that one)

But in the end we just waited for Georgie to decide. First we noticed the meowing at the end of the stairs was silenced (well, almost). Then I cut out a whole sewing project without stopping to play. Our cat had a playmate and he wasn't me.

I guess we're keeping him.


3 comments:

Sherwood family said...

The same principle applies to children - you just have to wait a little longer. I'm jealous about the kitten!

Alice said...

How fun for little Georgie. Braeden and Carter have a lot of questions though. Like what's the new kitten's name? Is the new kitten Georgie's brother or son? Cute picture of the two cuddling.

Aden & Jamie Hirtle said...

I just LOVE kitties! We can't have them in our building and that is the only thing keeping me from getting one. Cute kitties!